DESMI understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website and want you to be confident that any personal information collected from this website will continue to be used in accordance with our obligations and your rights under the law.
2. What information will we collect
Our Website will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a manner that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
“Personal data” means any and all data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data. In this case, it means personal data that you give to us via our sites. This definition shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in the EU Regulation – the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
To put it very simply ‘Personal data means any information about you that enables you to be identified. While it covers the obvious items such as your name and contact detail, it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers.
Depending on your use of our websites, we may collect some or all of the following:
- Business or company name
- Job title
- Contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers
- Demographic information such as post code
- IP address
- Web browser type and version
- Any other information or data you provide to us (e.g. filling out a form or email)
- Operating systems
- A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on our sites, and the sites you exit to
Please be aware that while you consent, using some of the information provided by you in the registration forms and other information is confidential, but is passed on to MailChimp (our newsletter program) and Zendesk (our chat function on www.desmi.com). No other third parties will have the information, which is confidential.
Both MailChimp and Zendesk will store the information and keep it confidential and for our use only.
3. What we do with your information and how we use it?
We use it to:
- Deal with you and your company
- Make sales to your company
- Make contact with you and/or your company
- Provide after-sales service
- Service current and potential users of DESMI
- Send you information on DESMI’s products and services
- Assist third parties in carrying out certain activities, such as processing and sorting data, monitoring how customers use our websites and issuing DESMI’s emails. Third parties are not allowed to use your personal information for their own purposes. For these purposes your details may be transferred outside the European Economic Area.
- Complete administrative tasks, and that may mean your information is sent to other companies for that purpose
- Send to carefully selected analytics vendors who provide DESMI with various report and tools to help with product engagement, sales and marketing activities.
4. What does this Policy cover?
5. Your Rights
- As a data subject, you have the following rights under the GDPR, which this Policy and Our use of personal data have been designed to uphold:
- The right of access to the personal data we hold about you. Part 7 will tell you how to do this;
- The right to rectification if any personal data we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete (please contact us using the details in Part 7);
- The “right to be forgotten” – This means the right to ask us to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that we have.
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation)
- The right to object to us using your personal data for particular purposes; and
- Rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling.
- If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, please contact us using the details provided in section 7 and we will do our best to solve the problem for you. If we are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint.
6. How Can I Access My Personal Data?
If you want to know what personal data we have about you, you can ask us for details of it and for a copy of it. This is known as a subject access request. We will send you any request for information in a suitable electronic format as soon as possible. To make a request please use the contact details set out in part 7 below and note there will be normally be no charge made to you for this.
7. How Do I Contact You About My Personal Data?
To contact us about anything to do with your personal data and data protection, including to make a subject access request, please use the following details:
Phone: +45 96 32 81 11
Postal Address: Tagholm 1, DK-9400 Noerresundby
8. How Do We Use Your Data and Ensure the Security of Your Personal Information?
- All personal data is processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. We will comply with our obligations and safeguard your rights under the GDPR at all times.
- Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary for our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data (e.g. by subscribing to emails), or because it is in our legitimate business interests. Specifically, we may use your data for the following purposes:
- Providing and managing your access to our sites
- Personalising and tailoring your experience on our sites;
- Supplying our products and/or services to you (please note that we require your personal data in order to enter into a contract with you);
- Personalising and tailoring our products and/or services to you;
- Supplying you with e-mails that you have opted into (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by clicking the ‘Unsubscribe’ link in our e-mails).
- Analysing your use of our site and gathering feedback to enable us to continually improve our sites and your user experience.
• With your permission and/or where permitted by law, we may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email and/or telephone and/or text message and/or post with information, news and offers on our products and/or services. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that we fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003. (“PECR”).
9. How and Where Do We Store Your Data?
We only keep your personal data for as long as we need to in order to use it as described above in Parts 3 and 8 above, and/or for as long as we have your permission to keep it.
Some or all of your data may be stored outside Denmark. If we do store data outside the EEA, as set out in Part 3, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the GDPR.
Data security is very important to us, and to protect your data we have taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure data collected through our sites. Our approach to information security is constantly evolving and continually reviewed.
We may compile statistics about the use of our sites including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales, and other information. All such data will be anonymised and will not include any personally identifying data, or any anonymised data that can be combined with other data and used to identify you. We may from time to time share such data with third parties such as prospective investors, affiliates, partners, and advertisers. Data will only be shared and used within the bounds of the law.
10. How Can You Control Your Data?
In addition to your rights under the GDPR, set out in Part 5 you may be given options to restrict our use of your data. In particular, we aim to give you strong controls on our use of your data for direct marketing purposes (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in our emails and at the point of providing your details.